Enjoy a short scenic tour through the city of Haarlem or a longer trip that also explores the countryside. You will learn several techniques that help you to handle the kayak with confidence and feel safe in the boat. We paddle in small groups up to 7 people.
Video of the Haarlem Historical city tour. Thanks to Megan P.!
Haarlem historical city tour
Trip through the canals and ‘het Spaarne’.
- Suitable for everyone
- max. 8 km / 2 hours
- Cost: € 27,50
Haarlem city and countryside tour
Passing downtown, we paddle along ‘het Spaarne’ to lake ‘Beautiful Nelly’ and the brooding ground of the spoonbill.
- We stop at a nice spot for a well deserved break
- 14 km / 4 hours including a break
- Cost: € 45,00
We provide the following:
- A comfortable kayak with good seating and watertight hatches for baggage
- A paddle
- A spraydeck or rain pants
- A personal floating device (which is smaller than a life jacket)
- Waterproof bags for keeping your gear dry
You have to provide yourself with:
- A compact spare set of dry clothes
- At least 1 liter of water, in hot weather may be more
Starting point: The trip starts at the crossing of Zomervaart and Prins Bernhardlaan in Haarlem.
List of tours
Tour dates for June/July/August 2018 will be online soon / Tourdata voor juni/juli/augustus 2018 komen binnenkort beschikbaar